Students for Democracy - uncensored international political forums
  StudentsforDemocracy home     StudentsforDemocracy - forums     StudentsforDemocracy - guestbook  
Register   Login  

Students for Democracy Forums - International political debates Active TopicsActive Topics   Forum Search for members only!Search   HelpHelp   Join StudentsforDemocracy - all you need is a username and a passwordRegister   LoginLogin

SfD mailtrap (does not appear in browsers): n.dgvasiws@contact.studentsfordemocracy.org

Current events
 Students for Democracy forums : Current events
Subject Topic: Anna Lindh Post Reply Post New Topic
 5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Genosse
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
trotzdem wars schön

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16/September/2003 at 12:47 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Genosse

The murderer of Anna Lindh might be caught.
As a social democrat and especially as a human being, I'm shocked and deeply sadened by the loss of Anna Lindh.
She was not only a great politician and most likely would have been the next president of Sweden, she also was wife to Bo Helmberg and mother to David and Filip, 13 and 9.
Her 13 year old son, David, wrote an open letter in which he said:
"I want to make my mother proud by lifing my life as she would have wanted it- not possesed by the idea of revenge but happily with my children and grandchildren"

I hope he will be able to do that. And I also hope, this spirit will stand as an example for older and more powerful people around the world- do not hate, do not scream for revenge, work for the future and try your best!

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!
Meaning of life: Beat tude dog by #posts

Posted: 16/September/2003 at 14:07 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

That's a briilant open letter - these words from a 13-years old are way more thoughtful than those we could read or listen to by most politicians lately.

Revenge is an act our civilsation should not base their politics on, all of us acting because of revenge would for sure fit into some primitve standards of pride and boldness, but these times are (hopefully soon) over. And catching votes by screaming "revenge" is a game way too old to be played by now anymore. We ain't hunting for food with a stick anymore, too.

Back to Top View twiw's Profile Search for other posts by twiw

VoiceOfReason

Posted: 17/September/2003 at 18:04 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote VoiceOfReason

That's what you get from too much gun control. I'm sorry she died but she shouldn't have run around with no security.

sour_grapes

Posted: 22/September/2003 at 14:31 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote sour_grapes

Start another thread! Gun control has nothing to do with the tragic death of Anna Lindh.
They have a second suspect btw. While I'm not a believer in conspiracy I believe there might be something bigger behind this. Just look at the nazis in Munich, happened at about the same time.

Message inserted by SfD invitation bot:

Welcome to SfD, guest! Please take the time and register to join us.

Back to Top View sour_grapes's Profile Search for other posts by sour_grapes

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!
Meaning of life: Beat tude dog by #posts

Posted: 22/September/2003 at 14:51 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

So then maybe someone can open up a new forum? "History" or similar?

I guess some others would like such a forum too...

Back to Top View twiw's Profile Search for other posts by twiw

sfd19
SfD admin
SfD admin
We are back :-)

Posted: 22/September/2003 at 18:35 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote sfd19

Has been done. Have fun.

sfd19's random quote_______________

What does not kill me makes me stronger.

--- Goethe ---

Back to Top View sfd19's Profile Search for other posts by sfd19 Visit sfd19's Homepage

cesm

Posted: 23/September/2003 at 03:19 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote cesm

Could you put all the libbies into that forum and then lock it, please?

le Gaulois
Master Senior Member
Master Senior Member

Posted: 23/September/2003 at 06:38 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote le Gaulois

cesm, are you Jewish?

malik
Clubster
Clubster

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 07:10 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote malik

naw, but if cesm ever says grace, you better bring a pillow.

cesm

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 09:14 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote cesm

le Gaulois wrote:
cesm, are you Jewish?

I won't tell you anything about me, I don't trust any of you liberal ****** further than I could throw you.

About you, I know everything. You are a FROG!

McEmotion

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 18:49 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote McEmotion

well, according to Durex it is safe to assume that you get lots of action in your bedroom....wait...not!

headrock
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 19:03 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote headrock

Genosse wrote:
The murderer of Anna Lindh might be caught.

How many more murderers who kill Swedish PM's are going to get away with thier crimes because this isnt the first??

How do 40 people stand there,watch this woman get stabbed repeatedly,and then let this guy walk out of the store??Can you get any more passive??That whole country should be embarrassed that that man walked out of there..I know you might not have prevented her death but at least that wackjob would have been behind bars!!

Thank God for countries that make you passive..Letting killers and violent criminals get away with more and more everyday while Swedens violent crime and murder rate over the last 25 years have just kept going up,up,up,up,up,up,up,up,up,up,up...See my point yet??

Back to Top View headrock's Profile Search for other posts by headrock

Genosse
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
trotzdem wars schön

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 19:08 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Genosse

no, I really don't.
While I'll be the first one to join your "civil courage awol" party, I do not think that is the case here.

Message inserted by SfD invitation bot:

Welcome to SfD, guest! Please take the time and register to join us.

headrock
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 19:20 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote headrock

Genosse wrote:
no, I really don't.
While I'll be the first one to join your "civil courage awol" party, I do not think that is the case here.

Same with Olav Palme,Gennosse!!Another Swedish PM killed..You think some people would learn..

And another murdererer goes free!!How convenient while they all sit on thier asses,they could at least try to salvage something good from the situation..You guys are really asleep over there huh??No bodygaurds and even 40-50 people who sat there and did NOTHING!!Sad,sad,sad.....

Genosse
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
trotzdem wars schön

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 19:25 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Genosse

Trust me, security has cranked up quite a bit after that.

People like Anna Lindh and Olav Palme decided to have a normal life. They didn't want to be followed by bodyguards at all times. I don't think you or me can really understand what it means to be followed 24/7.

The people did not sit around, they did their shopping. How fast do you react to a complete surprise? Especially if all you see at first is a man stepping up close and covering what he is doing with his own body? It's not like all of this took hours, it was done in under one minute.

headrock
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles

Posted: 25/September/2003 at 20:06 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote headrock

Genosse wrote:
Trust me, security has cranked up quite a bit after that.

People like Anna Lindh and Olav Palme decided to have a normal life. They didn't want to be followed by bodyguards at all times. I don't think you or me can really understand what it means to be followed 24/7.

The people did not sit around, they did their shopping. How fast do you react to a complete surprise? Especially if all you see at first is a man stepping up close and covering what he is doing with his own body? It's not like all of this took hours, it was done in under one minute.

And look at the end results..How many people have to die in the process??I understand about having a normal life but at what expense??Its seems that while maybe her life would have been just a tad bit inconvieneced with the bodygaurds,the fact is she would have been here with her children and still doing her job...

And Cmon Genosse,every thing ive read regarding witness accounts say numerous people saw her as she was being stabbed and screaming for help..Dont start making excuses now..And plenty of them watched while he WALKED out of the store..Its just sad that your people are very passive because at least maybe her kids could have some justice knowing thier mothers killer is locked away forever and not having the chance of getting away with another PM murder..

And im not blaming it on the people..Nothing probably would have stopped here death but catching this animal COULD have happened..If he gets away,then these people should always know there was something that COULD have been done and the didn't..That would eat away at me!!It wouldn't bother you??

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »
  Select the text you want to have translated Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version