Students for Democracy - uncensored international political forums
  StudentsforDemocracy home     StudentsforDemocracy - forums     StudentsforDemocracy - guestbook  
Register   Login  

Students for Democracy Forums - International political debates Active TopicsActive Topics   Forum Search for members only!Search   HelpHelp   Join StudentsforDemocracy - all you need is a username and a passwordRegister   LoginLogin

SfD mailtrap (does not appear in browsers): n.dgfcahvh@contact.studentsfordemocracy.org

*** SfD News ***
 Students for Democracy forums : *** SfD News ***
Subject Topic: Relaunch of StudentsforDemocracy Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sfd19
SfD admin
SfD admin
We are back :-)

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 20/February/2015 at 08:08 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote sfd19

Youtube, Facebook, Whatsapp, AdSense - when this site was founded in 2003 none of them existed. The Iraq War was still ongoing, Homeland Security in the US just came into existance, the International Criminal Court held its inaugural session, the disastrous tsunami of 2004 was still one year away, 9/11 only two years in the past.

Plenty of discussion forums existed at that time but censorship was big and freedom of speech was small on most of these forums. "With or against us" seemed to be a main rule everywhere and opposing minds have been strongly suppressed.

In this situation StudentsforDemocracy was founded to provide to people from all over the world a place to speak up without getting censored. The main rule on SfD was "Freedom of speech!"

The world has changed since 2003 but with all the economical, political and armed conflicts going on at this very moment it seems that "With or against us" has again become the main rule. Be it in the West or in the East, in the South or in the North, censorship on the internet has become even bigger than 10 years ago.

Therefore SfD was relaunched. The site is now 12 years old and can not keep up with al the technical gimmicks other sites may offer, it is not the fastest site around and design was never one of its strong points. But it provides what seems to be as important in 2015 as it was in 2003 - a platform to discuss on a very high level, allowing everybody to speak up. Many features of SfD are still not available on other sites, it is a unique site for unique people with unique minds.

SfD gets privately funded and does not use any kind of advertising, it is independant and does not have to keep up to anyone's expectation. It does not have an agenda but one: "Do not censor!".

Enjoy the discussions on StudentsforDemocracy!

Edited by sfd19 on 21/February/2015 at 08:35

sfd19's random quote_______________

To find fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.

--- Plutarch ---

Back to Top View sfd19's Profile Search for other posts by sfd19 Visit sfd19's Homepage

sfd19
SfD admin
SfD admin

Posted: 01/March/2015 at 08:07 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote sfd19

All Forums related to programming, scripting and forum modifcations have been disabled. SfD is a a political site after all.

Two forums have been added:

1- Ukraine conflict & Crimea
2- Russia

Edited by sfd19 on 01/March/2015 at 08:10

The most important things in life aren't things.

--- Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book ---

Back to Top View sfd19's Profile Search for other posts by sfd19 Visit sfd19's Homepage

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!
Meaning of life: Beat tude dog by #posts

Posted: 13/March/2015 at 13:55 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

I like that post
sfd19 wrote:
The world has changed since 2003

Not really, the bigger idiots are just sitting in the East now. Now, that was not really difficult to achieve since not even the US was able to replace Bush with a dimwit of the same quality.

Brian Foley
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Refuse - Resist

Posted: 13/March/2015 at 14:27 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Brian Foley

twiw wrote:
I like that post
sfd19 wrote:
The world has changed since 2003
Not really, the bigger idiots are just sitting in the East now.

The importance of events in the Ukraine, just shows you that the center of importance has moved away from the USA to Europe.

twiw wrote:
Now, that was not really difficult to achieve since not even the US was able to replace Bush with a dimwit of the same quality.
<br>
<br>
That dimwit Obammy has to read with a teleprompter, and I have even seen him stop in mid speech, stumble and back up and re read what speech was on the screen in front of him.   
Back to Top View Brian Foley's Profile Search for other posts by Brian Foley

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 13/March/2015 at 14:31 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

Brian Foley wrote:
That dimwit Obammy has to read with a teleprompter, and I have even seen him stop in mid speech, stumble and back up and re read what speech was on the screen in front of him.  

But he can write and spell. Remember Bush 

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 15/March/2015 at 13:35 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

sfd19 wrote:
and design was never one of its strong points.

Know what? I like it. Typical sites nowadays have like a trillion 'like it', 'thumbs up down' buttons, links to all that social shit media like facebook, googleplus, twitter (<= dumbest internet invetion ever) and similar.

Here it's clean and nice. It's obviously about the members posts and nothing else. If you give me some ideas how to suport SFD and make it well known in the public then I would follow your advice. This place should be populated with more of the kind of guys we already have here, it's worth it. 

How can I advertise it?

tude dog
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
poor me,poor me, pour me another one

Posted: 17/March/2015 at 15:13 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote tude dog

twiw wrote:
Know what? I like it. Typical sites nowadays have like a trillion 'like it', 'thumbs up down' buttons, links to all that social shit media like facebook, googleplus, twitter (<= dumbest internet invetion ever) and similar.

Here it's clean and nice. It's obviously about the members posts and nothing else. If you give me some ideas how to suport SFD and make it well known in the public then I would follow your advice. This place should be populated with more of the kind of guys we already have here, it's worth it. 

How can I advertise it?

I was thinking perhaps at the bottom of each NEW POST, be a thing like 

TOPICS:

or

KEYWORDS:

Something which would attract the attention of search engines.

Things like names, places, subject,,,

odin
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Owner of the only deleted Topic

Posted: 20/March/2015 at 14:28 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote odin

twiw wrote:
Now, that was not really difficult to achieve since not even the US was able to replace Bush with a dimwit of the same quality.

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 21/March/2015 at 06:59 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

odin wrote:
twiw wrote:

Well, in fact I have to apologize. The US was well able to find proper replacement. 

It was just that Palin didn't make it into office. She would have won against Bush in the Upperclass Twit of the Year contest easily.

tude dog
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
poor me,poor me, pour me another one

Posted: 21/March/2015 at 10:27 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote tude dog

twiw wrote:
Brian Foley wrote:

twiw wrote:
Brian Foley wrote:

So comes along proficient race baiting  liar.

Thanks a lot.

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 23/July/2016 at 17:44 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

odin wrote:
twiw wrote:

I stand corrected. Trump beats them all.

sfd19
SfD admin
SfD admin

Posted: 31/August/2016 at 08:52 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote sfd19

I was wondering why the really old posts did not show up in the forums anymore. Just fixed it.

Reason was that back in 2003 I put 3650 days as the limit for older posts, never imagining that SFD would be up for more than 10 years. 

Tempt not a desperate man.

--- Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet ---

odin
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Owner of the only deleted Topic

Posted: 01/September/2016 at 03:37 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote odin

sfd19 wrote:

Reason was that back in 2003 I put 3650 days as the limit for older posts, never imagining that SFD would be up for more than 10 years.

Well done.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Select the text you want to have translated Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version